Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Freecycle - Emphasizing the Reuse in Reduce, Reuse, and Recycle

For those who aren't quite ready to become freegans, there is always freecycling.


Once I saw it, I thought, "It's Craiglist, but FREE!" (thanks for the heads up, Brian)

I'm not ashamed to admit that I've dug through dumpsters after move-out day. Talk about gold mine. I've found unused school supplies, printers, lamps, furniture - all perfectly usable. The only reason they've been thrown away is because people didn't want to take the items with them. I know how that feels. If you can't transport it (like light bulbs), and the merch won't sell, what do you do?

Try the Freecycle website. Each city has their own. Register, answer a few questions, and you're in for life. Reduce your waste and get some free stuff! As an added bonus, you won't have to feel guilty about throwing away some really great stuff.

Some things I've seen on the network:
  • Leftover art supplies
  • Beds, sofas, chairs, tables, etc.
  • Cribs, strollers, and baby clothes
  • Books
  • Bikes

No comments:

Post a Comment